Sheet Pan Sweetpotato Hash
With just one sheet pan, you can whip up the most delicious and nutritious North Carolina sweetpotato hash using pantry staple ingredients!Recipe developed for the North Carolina SweetPotato Commission by Fit Foodie Finds.
- 2 Medium NC sweetpotatoes, diced into 1/2-inch chunks (~3 cups)
- 1 Medium green pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 Medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 8-10 Fully cooked turkey sauced links, diced
- 4-6 Large eggs
- 1/2 cup Shredded cheese (optional)
- First, preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Then prep sweet potatoes by washing any residue off of them. Pat dry with a paper towel. Option to peel sweet potatoes or leave the skin on. Dice sweet potatoes into small, 1/2-inch chunks and then place them onto a large baking sheet.
- Next, finely dice a medium green pepper and 1/2 medium yellow onion and transfer veggies onto the baking sheet.
- Drizzle sweet potato hash with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and then season with salt, ground pepper, smoked paprika, dried oregano, and garlic powder. Use a wooden spoon to toss and then evenly spread out on the pan. Make sure there are no veggies overlapping so that everything cooks evenly.
- Roast veggies at 400ºF for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, toss veggies, and add sliced turkey sausage. Toss one more time and then place back into the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Once the full 20 minutes is up, remove the baking sheet from the oven. The sweet potato should be mostly cooked. If they’re not, place the pan back into the oven for a few minutes. Then, create 4 nests for the eggs. Spray the bottom of each nest with nonstick cooking spray and then crack the eggs into each nest. Season eggs with salt and pepper, to taste, and then place back into the oven at 400ºF for 7-9 minutes depending on how runny you like your yolk.
- Option to add shredded cheese on top of your cooked eggs and bake for an additional 1-2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Enjoy immediately.