Dirty South Nachos
Created exclusively for NC SweetPotato Commission by Crafted: The Art of the Taco - Winston- Salem & Greensboro, NC
Sweet Chipotle Aioli:
- 1-2 canned chipotle peppers
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- ½ cup soy milk
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
To finish nachos:
- 8 cups sweetpotato chips
- 2 pounds roasted pork, shredded and warmed
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
Prepare the aioli:
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend at low for 10 seconds then increase to medium speed and blend for 5 seconds.
- Spread sweetpotato chips on a large tray or sheet pan.
- Evenly spread pork over sweetpotato chips.
- Drizzle with aioli. Sprinkle scallions over the nachos.
Crafted: The Art of the Taco uses deep-fried sweetpotato chips for this recipe, but you may substitute oven-baked sweetpotato chips or fries.